On this final day of February I wanted to share all the pretty purple things that make me happy.
Purple was once considered a precious commodity in textiles. The earliest purple dyes date back to about 1900 B.C. It took some 12,000 shellfish to extract 1.5 grams of the pure dye. Being the rarity in nature, purple hues became a symbol of nobility and privilege. Today it is one of the most loved colors of the rainbow! Join me in celebrating this beautiful color!
1. Amethyst– My mother’s birthstone. I love this raw stone ring from Heart House Studio, a Canadian based Etsy shop.
2. Purple Lavender Blue Orchid Hair– If you’re like me Youtube keeps you entertained for hours with all the hair tutorials out there! Here is one of my favorites this month.
3. Paper flowers-duh! This wouldn’t be my blog if I didn’t add any paper flowers in the mix! Here is a mini bouquet that I made for my mother’s birthday. Happy birthday, Mom!How cute is this jewel toned bridal bouquet!?
4. Blueberry Cupcakes with Blueberry Cream Cheese frosting– Because mother nature likes to paint with food.
5. This BKR Lolita Water bottle found at Gus and Ruby Letterpress. I find this deep fig color so fascinating! Love it!
6. Wireless Controller for Xbox One. GIMME GIMME GIMME!
That’s all I’ve got for today! I hope you find all the purple things you love!